Are you looking for the best freelance writing jobs for beginners to utilize your skills, learn something new and make money online?
I was also welcomed into the blogging world by a freelance writing job and that is something I can’t forget my whole life.
I can understand the curiosity one has to get their first freelancing job.
Whether you are a school student, college graduate, or an individual, I highly recommend freelance writing jobs to beginners.
In this post, I will be sharing the best websites to get freelance writing jobs for beginners hassle-free.
Along with that, I will also be sharing the workflow of these websites so that you can get a freelancing writing job for you quickly.
So let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- What is Freelancing?
- Why Choose Freelancing?
- Best Websites for Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners
- Bonus: Writing Companions
- Final Thoughts on Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners
What is Freelancing?
Freelancing is all about giving self-employment and working on the projects while not getting committed to a particular employer or business.
A freelancer is an individual who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a specific employer.
Why Choose Freelancing?
Here are 3 FREE’s of freelancing.
Freelancing is all about freedom. You don’t need to stick to a 9 to 5 routine.
Whether it’s about work location, timings, clients, pay scale, everything is negotiable when you work as a freelancer.
2. FREE Learning
Learning is something I always look for. And getting it at no price is the icing on the cake.
Working with real clients is like an ocean of learning.
3. FREE Income
You can make a decent amount of money while working as a freelancer based on your skills.
Best Websites for Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners
Fiverr is the best marketplace of talented freelancers who pride themselves on getting it done for you.
On-time. On budget. Get everything from dynamic websites to fresh original content, stunning graphics, and much more.
- Payment Protection
- Upfront Price
- 24/7 Support
How Fiverr Works
1. Join Fiverr using your Google account.
2. Become a Seller
Set up your profile by adding profile personal, and professional information.
3. Publish your Gig that includes services you are offering
This is the crucial thing you should focus on, show some creativity to convince buyers to choose you.
Once you publish your Gig, it will be listed like this.
4. Deliver great work and get paid.
- Take their test to confirm your credibility, unless your gig will not be published
It is one of the best hiring platforms across the globe that connects savvy businesses and professional freelancers.
Whether you are a freelancer or an agency, finding the right match is made simplified.
- Verified work history and reviews
- Unlimited proposals
- Built-in collaboration tools and easy payments
- Outstanding support including Help Center, Community, and Chatbot
How Upwork Works
1. Sign up using your email address.
2. Set up your profile and add your skills.
3. Select different categories you want to work on.
4. Keep tracking your feed and start submitting proposals.
- Update your address before submitting a proposal, you will not be able to submit any proposals without updating your address
- Choose Direct to Local Bank (INR) payment method ($0.99 per withdrawal), recommended for India
Hire or Get Hired, the freelancer has got it all.
Freelancer is one of the world’s largest freelancing marketplace with around 40 million users from over 247 countries, regions, and territories.
- One-click Sign up using your email
- Simple and Easy jobs browsing
- Live Chat Facility with Clients
- Deposit and Withdraw Funds with ease
- 24/7 Support
How Freelancer Works
1. Sign up using your email.
2. Set up your profile by including your skills.
3. Browse available projects to work on.
4. A huge list of projects will be displayed based on your skills.
Here, you can see I have added a few skills like article writing, content writing, content marketing, etc.
Based on these skills a list of writing jobs available is populated.
Every second this list is being updated as soon as any new project is posted.
5. Select a project from the list and you will be navigated to the project details along with the skills required.
6. Place a bid with your proposal.
And you are just one step away from getting your first freelance writing job.
It is the most flexible and cost-effective platform to find freelance jobs online and get paid, around the world.
- Flexible payments (Fixed price, Hourly, Recurring Payments, Task-based)
- WorkRooms to Collaborate
- SafePay Payment Protection
- Lowest Transaction Fees
- Dedicated Support Team
How Guru Works
1. Sign up, select an account type (freelancer), and build your profile.
2. Find the right job for you by checking out the listed jobs, submit quotes, and get hired.
3. Get paid for the work done.
Do you want to earn money as a writer, editor, designer, developer, or influencer?
If so, CopyPress is the best place for you to grow your portfolio and earn extra money. They recruit talented creatives and influencers to work on paid projects for a variety of different clients.
Whether you are a travel blogger or an experienced medical writer, CopyPress has jobs for you!
- Built-in Content Management System
- Editorial Feedback, Edit Requests, and Writer Grading Rubrics
- Decline/Expiry Pop-Up
- Vacation Mode
How Copypress works
1. Sign Up For Free
Sign up to qualify for paid work as a writer, editor or designer. It’s quick and easy.
2. Complete FREE Training
Select the positions (Writer, Editor, Publisher) you are interested in and complete the free training to become certified for paid work.
3. Start Making Money
Once you’ve passed the training you are eligible for paid work and will receive assignments that match your skills and abilities!
Go through the Writer Certification Checklist and complete the below-mentioned details to become eligible for freelancing jobs.
- General account information
- Complete Writer Questionnaire
- Take & pass the multiple-choice test
- Take & pass their practical test
- Payment information
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with nearly 660+ million users in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Whether you are looking for a new job or training, finding a co-worker, classmate, or course, LinkedIn is the best platform for everyone.
- Find a Colleague or Classmate
- Easy Job Search
- Join a Course or Training
How LinkedIn Works
1. Join LinkedIn by using your Google account.
2. Go to Jobs section and search for writing jobs.
3. Start applying for freelancing writing jobs.
Project4hire is a freelance marketplace that allows clients to post their projects and contractors (freelancers) to bid to work on those projects.
- Easy Signup
- User-friendly job searching
- One-click withdrawal using PayPal id
How Project4Hire Works
1. Join project4hire (For Work) by using your email address.
2. Find jobs by selecting appropriate Categories.
3. Start bidding and submitting the best proposals.
Problogger, as the name says, it is the blog every blogger should follow for blogging tips.
Plus it is the hottest job board for contractual, freelancing, part-time, and full-time jobs.
- Check out jobs even without Signup
- Build your online resume on the ProBlogger Job Board
- Save and manage your job applications
- Bookmark Jobs
- Job Alerts
How Problogger Works
1. Simply search for Freelance writing jobs.
2. Check application instructions and start applying.
It is one of the leading websites for freelance writers who are looking to learn, grow, and discuss issues, questions, and more.
Whether you are a beginner or seasoned writer, the information you need to be a successful writer is at your fingertips with Freelance Writing Gigs Jobs.
- Freelance Writing Job Board is updated daily with new freelance writing and blogging jobs. From freelance writing jobs to part-time to internships – they have got everything.
- Resources for writers including job hunting and writing tips.
How Freelance Writing Gigs Works
1. Explore freelance writing job board.
2. Search for suitable jobs.
3. Start applying
Trulancer is another great platform to discover freelance writing jobs and earn money by working with real clients across the world.
Working on this platform is the same as the Freelancer, you need to search for the available jobs and start bidding.
11. BloggingPro Jobs
The BloggingPro is a famous Job Board that is updated daily with fresh paid blogging jobs, blog writing jobs, freelance writing jobs, and many more.
So whether you are a blogger and freelance writer, you don’t need to waste your precious time to search for jobs on individual websites, they do the job searching to find you the best blogging jobs.
Furthermore, businesses, companies, and individuals who are looking for high-quality bloggers and freelance
writers, you’ve can place an ad, and find the blogger that best suits your needs.
Apart from jobs, BloggingPro is an amazing platform for blogging tips and books as well.
So start exploring and you might find your next online content job on this blog’s job portal.
Find a better way to work with FlexJobs.
FlexJobs is the biggest, best site for remote, part-time, freelance, and flexible jobs.
It was founded in 2007 to provide a trusted, more effective, friendly, and overall better way to find professional remote and flexible jobs
FlexJobs lets you find a job easier, faster, and safer that better fits your life.
Their trained researchers work tirelessly on behalf of you to find and screen the best remote and flexible jobs that include part-time to full-time, entry-level to executive, in more than 50 categories.
So FlexJobs is a fantastic resource for
- People interested in working from home
- Freelancers looking for more projects
- Parents who want more flexibility for their kids and families
- People who are living in rural areas where they can’t find a job in their career field without having to move
Craigslist is the leading website for classified ads which is available for many countries worldwide.
Along with several other categories you will see jobs category where writing and editing jobs are always being posted by the employers. Start exploring this section if you’re looking for a quick writing or editing task.
You will see a list of jobs available, usually, the project’s details and contact email address are mentioned on the craigslist writing threads and you have to contact the client directly via email if you are interested in the project.
A perfect place to build your media career.
MediaBistro lets allow you to connect with the hiring managers and power-change your freelance career.
On their job board, you can browse hundreds of jobs from the hottest media companies.
Moreover, you can subscribe to their MB unlimited program to get full access to online courses, tools, and info you need to boost your career.
Bonus: Writing Companions
Writing a good blog post is a must to boost engagement with your target audience.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or an established professional, these are the three writing companions that everyone should have in their bucket.
Google Docs is the smart editing and styling tool that helps you easily format text and paragraphs.
It is included as part of a free web-based software office suite by Google.
- Voice Typing
- Auto Work Saving and backup
- Real-Time Collaboration
- Completely FREE to use
- Create impactful Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
It is the best writing assistant everyone should have. You don’t need to worry about grammar errors and silly mistakes.
With proofreading tools like Grammarly, it’s like a cakewalk to publish clear, mistake-free posts that make the right impression.
- FREE Sign up with Google Account
- Chrome Extension for Simplified Writing
Duplicate content not only makes a bad impression but also may result in the expulsion of your post from the Google search engine result pages (SERP).
It’s good to keep an eye on what others are writing to make your post better and provide more value but it’s is not advisable to copy someone’s writing.
Even Google can penalize you for doing so.
So get rid of duplicate content with a Plagiarism Checker.
Final Thoughts on Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners
So this is all I have to share with you guys regarding freelance writing jobs for beginners.
I have shared the best websites that provide freelance writing jobs for beginners along with an overview of freelancing and its benefits.
And if you are interested in freelancing jobs other than writing also, do check out the link below.
Starting a Blog is also highly recommended for those who are looking for a better learning curve.
I hope you will get a suitable freelance writing job for you on these websites.
Comment below which freelancing websites you are using currently.
If you found this post helpful, don’t forget to share if you believe sharing is caring.