GeneratePress Review 2023
GeneratePress is a super lightweight and highly customizable theme that makes it the #1 choice of bloggers and web developers.
Its Premium Modules, Site Library, instant support, and affordable pricing works as icing on the cake.
If you’re planning to launch your online venture then GeneratePress is the perfect theme for you.
Are you looking for the GeneratePress Review 2023?
Look no further, as this post presents you with an in-depth review of GeneratePress.
Undoubtedly, GeneratePress is a fast-loading multi-purpose theme for building WordPress sites and blogs.
It is popular for its clean design, flexibility, and versatility.
In this post, I’ll try to get deep insights into GeneratePress.
Starting from its overview and features, GeneratePress free and Generate Premium comparison, real-world website load timings, support, pricing, installation, and finish up with my opinion on whether or not it’s worth your money.
So, if you’re going to start a WordPress blog or looking forward to changing your existing theme then read this post till the end to explore more about the GeneratePress Theme.
In this up-to-date review of the GP theme, you can learn about;
- What is GeneratePress?
- Key Features
- GeneratePress free vs. GeneratePress Premium
- Why choose GeneratePress Premium Theme?
- GeneratePress Premium Modules
- Speed Test
- GeneratePress Installation
- Pricing, and much more
So without much further ado, let’s get started.
Quick Note: This blog is also powered by the GeneratePress theme, hosted on Cloudways along with the WP Rocket caching plugin. Here’s my website load time:
My blog loads in under 330 milliseconds which is quite good.
Furthermore, GeneratePress came out with the most preferred theme in a poll conducted on a Facebook group by one of my fellow bloggers.
So you can grab it straight away!
That being said, let’s start exploring more about GeneratePress.
Table of Contents
- GeneratePress Review 2023 (Quick Overview)
- Final Thoughts on GeneratePress Review 2023
GeneratePress Review 2023 (Quick Overview)
GeneratePress is a free, lightweight, and responsive WordPress theme created by Tom Usborne.
They launched it in 2015 intending to provide high performance that can tackle any type of web project.
Along with speed, GeneratePress facilitates you with the right amount of customization and ensures your website is stable, secure, and optimized.
In addition to the free version, they also offer GeneratePress Premium which helps build your websites with better customization.
Within 6 years of its launch, it has been downloaded more than 4,344,676 times.
1000+ Five ratings and 90,000+ Happy customers make it one of the most stable, best-supported WordPress themes available for your next project.
GeneratePress Performance-Focused Features
Here are some of the highlighted features that make GeneratePress the #1 WordPress Theme for performance-focused users.
1. LESS THAN 10KB
Page size plays a crucial role in your site speed. The lesser would be page size, the better would be your site loading time.
GeneratePress only adds less than 10kb to your page size so that your sites start with the smallest footprint possible.
2. TOP-TIER SPEEDS
Speed is another important aspect of your website. Its tiny footprint and clean code ensure your site loads as fast as possible.
3. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZED
In addition to lightning-fast load times, GeneratePress validated HTML and built-in schema.org structured data are enough to give your site a head start with search engines.
4. SECURE & STABLE
GeneratePress uses the latest and most stable coding standards, reviewed by leaders in the WordPress community, which makes your site secure and stable.
5. NO DEPENDENCIES
So goodbye to render-blocking issues!
6. ACCESSIBILITY READY
They follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 which makes sure your website is more accessible to people with disabilities.
GeneratePress User-Friendly Features
Added to performance-focused features, here are some features that help you take full control of your website.
1. COLORS & TYPOGRAPHY
GeneratePress free version allows you to easily change the colors and typography of your theme whereas with GP premium you can customize nearly every visible element.
2. LAYOUT CONTROL
Whether you’re concerned about desktop layout or mobile layout, with their layout controls such as padding, margins, sidebar, etc. you can take full control of your site layout.
3. PAGE BUILDER FRIENDLY
A page builder is a must if you want to build a beautiful website really quickly.
With GeneratePress, your favorite page builder can take control by using their per-page layout controls.
4. PLUGIN COMPATIBLE
These are plugins that make WordPress the #1 CMS for building sites.
GeneratePress is obsessed with WordPress coding standards that let you install your favorite plugin without facing any compatibility issues.
5. HOOKS & FILTERS
An extensive list of Hooks and Filters to customize your site beyond your imagination.
6. TRANSLATION & RTL
GeneratePress is translated into over 20 languages and counting. Furthermore, they fully support Right to Left (RTL) languages.
GeneratePress Free Vs. GeneratePress Premium
The GereratePress theme has two versions:
- One is 100% free
- Another is GP Premium which costs $59
So here, we will differentiate both versions so that you can conclude whether you should go with GP Premium or not?
GeneratePress free version uses the default WordPress Customizer that offers you a decent amount of customization options whereas the GeneratePress Premium plugin gives you access to its premium modules that allow you to customize almost everything.
Its 13 different premium modules are enough to save you a ton of time while designing your website, which makes GP Premium a must-grab.
Now let’s take a quick tour of GeneratePress premium modules:
1. Background: Customize your website background throughout your site elements.
2. Blog: Featured image controls, columns & masonry, infinite scroll & more.
3. Colors: Take control of your site with 60 different color schemes.
4. Copyright: Add, edit, or remove the copyright message at the bottom of your site.
5. Disable Elements: Activate or deactivate various theme elements on any part of the theme with 1 click.
6. Elements: Advanced hooks and custom theme layouts to design your post, page, and the entire site never before.
7. Menu Plus: Add Sticky navigation, off-canvas navigation, mobile header, and more.
8. Secondary Nav: After using it, you can create a secondary navigation menu.
9. Sections: Create posts and pages in sections with their own tiny page builder.
10. Site Library: 45+ importable demo sites to give your next project a headstart.
11. Spacing: Control the sizes, padding & margin of widgets, menu items, content area, header, navigation menu, footer, etc.
12. Typography: 70+ different font options give you complete control over your site text.
13. WooCommerce: Take your e-commerce site to the next level with more color, typography, and layout options.
Moreover, the GP Premium site library included 45+ pre-built demo sites lets you design your site the way you want without writing even a single line of code.
These demo sites are not only built using standard WordPress editor but also worldwide famous Elementor and Beaver Builder.
So, for me, GeneratePress Premium is worth every single penny you spend on it.
Whether you are a novice or an expert, we all need help at some point in time, right?
So while buying a theme for your next project, you should look for a theme that offers helping hands when you really need them.
If I talk about my experience with their support team, I must say they are just unbelievable.
Have a look at the image below, which shows some of the queries I raised to the GeneratePress support team.
Did you see that?
I got replies to every single question I asked from their side.
Here, I would also like to highlight that their support is extremely fast and user-friendly.
In addition to their support forum, you will also find a massive knowledge base of 100+ articles having a step by step tutorials and videos.
So this was all about GeneratePress features and the support they offer. Next, we will see how much it costs to buy a GP Premium plugin?
Though the Core GeneratePress is a 100% free theme, they also offer a premium version to extend its functionality.
GP Premium is priced at $59.00 which makes it quite an affordable theme. Purchasing its premium version will facilitate you with;
- All premium modules & features
- Full access to the Site Library
- 1 year of updates
- 1 year of premium support
- Use on up to 500 websites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Furthermore, you may also opt for the GeneratePress lifetime plan which is priced at $249 (one-time payment). This means, just pay once and enjoy it on unlimited sites (500) for an unlimited time.
Here is what you will get with the GeneratePress lifetime plan;
- All premium modules & features
- Full access to the Site Library
- Lifetime updates
- Lifetime premium support
- Use on up to 500 websites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
So what are you waiting for?
Quick Note: You can also make the most of GeneratePress Black Friday deals to save huge on your purchase during the Black Friday sale which comes in November every year.
First, let’s have a look at the positive sides of GeneratePress that makes it the top choice for your website.
1. Affordable Pricing: While the core version of GeneratePress is 100% free, for GeneratePress Premium Plugin which offers advanced customizations & features is priced at $59.00 only.
One license permits you to use it on unlimited sites and makes it quite an affordable theme.
2. No Upselling: To buy GP Premium, you will be paying $59 for unlimited sites for an unlimited time. There are no extra add-ons or hidden charges.
3. Site Library: GeneratePress offers 45+ pre-built website designs to its premium users that you can import with a single click.
4. Developer Friendly: GeneratePress offers tons of hooks, filters, and active support which makes it the perfect theme for developers.
5. Extensive Documentation: Their huge library of articles, videos, etc. is peace of mind for beginners.
6. WooCommerce Integration: GeneratePress offers an integrated WooCommerce module so you don’t need to buy another theme for your eCommerce website.
7. Best Customer Support: GeneratePress has active & clean support forums where your questions will be answered directly by GeneratePress developers within the shortest span possible.
8. Page builder support: Page Builder is the quickest way to design your website without writing any code. GeneratePress is 100% compatible with page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Thrive Architect, etc.
9. Compatibility: GeneratePress is compatible with all popular WordPress plugins like Yoast SEO, Rank Math SEO, WooCommerce, Social Snap, etc.
10. Money Back Guarantee: GeneratePress also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee which means if you are not satisfied with the theme for any reason, you can get your money back hassle-free.
1. Limited Customization: The only drawback that I found with GeneratePress is that its free version allows you limited customization.
So if you need advanced customization and priority support then you have to buy the GP Premium plugin.
So far, we have discussed GeneratePress features and pricing. Now, we’ll see how to use the GeneratePress theme on your website or blog.
Installing the GeneratePress free version is extremely easy and can be done in a few minutes.
Step 1: Log in to your WordPress dashboard
Step 2: Go to Appearance – Themes
On this screen, you will see your current theme. I have already activated the GeneratePress which is why it is showing GeneratePress here.
Step 3: Click on the Add New button
You will see a list of featured themes. Now, all you need to search for the GeneratePress theme.
Step 4: Click Install and then Activate
You can also preview to double-check how your site will look with GeneratePress.
Installing GeneratePress Premium
To install the GeneratePress Premium which is a plugin, first, you will have to install the GeneratePress free theme.
We have already done with the process of installing the free theme so we can go ahead installing the GP Premium plugin.
Step 1: Click here to visit the GeneratePress official site.
Step 2: Scroll down and you will see a screen like this.
Click on the “Get Started“ button that will navigate you to the checkout page.
Step 3: Checkout
Here, you need to provide some basic details and payment information. You can either pay via PayPal or using a credit card.
Enter the payment details and billing address, and click on the purchase button.
Here you are done with downloading the GP Premium plugin.
Now, you need to install this plugin to enjoy the Generate Premium version.
Adding GP Premium to your website
Go to Plugins – Add New
Select Upload Plugin at the top.
Browse and select the gp-premium.zip file that you just downloaded above.
Click Install Now.
Activating GP Premium Modules
Navigate Appearance > GeneratePress and activate the modules individually that you want to use on your site.
Quick Note: To activate the WooCommerce module, you will have to install and activate the WooCommerce plugin separately.
GeneratePress is the fastest multi-purpose WordPress theme. Whether you have a blog or e-commerce site, it’s the one that rules them all!
Yes, GeneratePress is a 100% free theme. Along with its free version, there is a Premium version as well priced at $59.00 only.
GeneratePress free version is good for starting a basic blog. If you’re looking for a highly customizable theme to build an impressive website then GP premium would be the right choice for you.
It does not matter how many sites you own or work for clients, once you have grabbed the GP premium license you can use it on as many sites as you want.
No, unlike other web services, you will never be billed automatically. To renew your GeneratePress license after 1 year, you will have to do it manually.
Even if you don’t renew your license key, your site won’t change. It’s just that you will not receive future updates and priority support.
They offer a 30-day money-back policy. That means if you do not like the GP Premium theme, you can ask for a refund within 30 days of your purchase – no questions asked!
GeneratePress is compatible with all the top page builders like Elementor, Beaver, Thrive Architect, etc. So if you’re looking forward to building your next project with Elementor page builder, you don’t need to think twice as it will do your job perfectly.
To remove the GeneratePress copyright, you have to opt for the GP Premium plugin.
After reviewing GeneratePress, all I can say is that it is combined with a clean and highly-responsive interface. Its premium modules, libraries, demo designs, and premade layouts make it the #1 WordPress theme for everyone.
Final Thoughts on GeneratePress Review 2023
So, this is all about GeneratePress Review 2023.
I have tried to cover each and every aspect related to the GeneratePress theme so that you can decide whether or not it’s worth the investment.
I have been using GeneratePress on my blog from the beginning and I’m quite happy with the customization and performance it offers.
For me, it is one of the most flexible and versatile themes that makes it perfect for your next web project.
So if you’re going to launch your online venture, I would highly recommend you go with the GeneratePress theme.
Still, got any questions? Do comment below, and I’ll be happy to answer all your queries.
And please don’t forget to share it with the relevant audience.
5 thoughts on “GeneratePress Review 2023 – Is It The Best and Fastest WordPress Theme for Bloggers?”
Generatepress is one of the best WordPress theme i have ever seen. I am also using it on my blog. It is very light weight and the best part is that you can customize it as your needs and requirements. The support is also very fast and responsive. Thanks for writing a detailed review on them.
Awesome review bro, I also use GeneratePress and love it.
Overall review of GeneratePress is are absolutely perfect and you cover all point which is needed to decide any user to buy this theme or not. In my opinion, GeneratePress is one of the best Theme for every blogger.
Because it’s lightweight, easy to customize whatever we want, and also much more benefit we get by using this theme.
I gained a lot of information about the GeneratePress Theme after reading this detailed review.
Even I am also using this best multipurpose theme for my website.
Huge ways to customize it in free edition of generatepress apart from being tested by industry standard formats, I am also going to replace it with my “simple life” theme. Just want to know that whether is adapted for all kinds of Google AdSense ads and other third party ad networks?