Struggling with your website’s needs on basic shared hosting? It’s time for an upgrade! Enter VPS hosting – the solution for growing businesses.
However, the crowded VPS market makes finding the right provider a headache. That’s why we’re spotlighting the best VPS hosting services of 2023.
Based on in-depth research and testing across critical benchmarks like speed, uptime, support, and scalability, we’re counting down the top 4 VPS hosts that will take your website to the next level this year.
Read on for our full analysis and recommendations to confidently choose the best VPS solution tailored to your business needs and budget.
Table of Contents
- Let’s Understand What is VPS Hosting?
- 4 Best VPS Hosting Providers for Your Business in 2023
- Benefits Of Choosing Managed Over Unmanaged VPS Hosting
- Things To Consider While Choosing The Best VPS Hosting
- FAQs About VPS Services
- Final Thoughts on Best VPS Hosting Providers 2023
Let’s Understand What is VPS Hosting?
If you want to take your website or application to the next level, then VPS hosting is the way to go.
VPS hosting, or Virtual Private Server hosting, is a type of web hosting that offers a middle ground between shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
In a VPS environment, a physical server is divided into multiple virtual compartments, each functioning as an independent server.
These virtual servers operate in isolation, ensuring that the performance of one VPS is not affected by the activities of others.
Operational Process of VPS Hosting
1. Hypervisor: The key component that enables VPS hosting is the hypervisor, a software layer that creates and manages virtual machines (VMs).
2. Virtualization: The hypervisor divides the physical server into multiple VMs, each with its own dedicated resources, including CPU, RAM, and disk space.
3. Isolation: Each VPS operates in complete isolation from other virtual servers, ensuring that one VPS cannot impact the performance of another.
4. Root Access: VPS users have root access to their servers, granting them full control over software installations and server configurations.
When it comes to hosting your website, you have various options to choose from.
Two of the most popular choices are VPS hosting and shared hosting.
Each option has its advantages and drawbacks, and understanding the differences between them helps us to make better decisions.
With shared hosting, many websites use the same physical server. It is a cost-effective option, particularly suited for small websites or beginners.
- Affordable: It is budget friendly
- Ease of Use: Setting up an account is straightforward, and the hosting provider handles server maintenance tasks.
- Ideal for Beginners: Requires minimal technical knowledge, making it suitable for users new to web hosting.
- Limited Resources: Since resources are shared, high-traffic websites may experience slower performance during peak times.
- Security Concerns: The shared environment poses security risks, as a vulnerability in one website could affect others on the same server.
- Limited Customization: Users have restricted control over server configurations and software installations.
VPS hosting divides a physical server into separate virtual servers or partitions.
Each virtual server gets its own operating system and dedicated share of resources like memory, storage space, and processing power.
This way, you can enjoy the benefits of dedicated hosting, such as security, performance, and control, without paying for a whole server.
- High Performance: With dedicated resources, VPS hosting offers better performance and stability, especially during traffic spikes.
- Customization: Users have the freedom to install custom software and configure server settings according to their specific requirements.
- Scalability: VPS hosting plans are scalable, allowing users to easily upgrade their resources as their website grows.
- Higher Cost: Compared to shared hosting, VPS hosting is more expensive due to the dedicated resources and advanced features.
When you choose VPS hosting, your website gets its own dedicated resources, like CPU (the brain of the computer) and RAM (the memory). As a result, VPS hosting gives your website its own resources, ensuring that it runs faster and smoother than shared hosting.
Easy to Grow
VPS hosting is easy to grow because you can upgrade your resources whenever your website needs more space to handle the extra visitors. This can help you to focus on running your website smoothly and accommodating all your visitors with ease.
It helps you to customize everything just the way you like it. From the operating system to the applications and security settings, you have the freedom to tailor your VPS to suit your specific needs and preferences.
Safety and Security
VPS hosting keeps your website safe from hackers and other websites. Your space is private, so you don’t have to worry about others snooping around.
Compared to having your own computer for hosting (called dedicated hosting), VPS hosting is more affordable. It’s a smart choice for those who want their websites to perform well and stay secure, without breaking the bank.
VPS hosting guarantees that your website will be always available and functional. With VPS hosting, your site will be up and running and your website will be open 24/7, providing a smooth and uninterrupted experience for the visitors.
You Get to Choose
It gives you the freedom to choose the software and tools that suit your website’s needs. It helps you have the flexibility to adapt and grow your website as needed, ensuring it remains a perfect fit for your goals.
4 Best VPS Hosting Providers for Your Business in 2023
1. Liquid Web
Liquid Web is introducing new generation VPS hosting solutions designed for growing businesses that need extra processing power or memory resources.
The next-generation VPS plans offer faster 10Gbps network speeds, the latest processors, and optimized memory and CPU configurations. This makes them well-suited for e-commerce sites, databases, memory caching applications, and high-traffic websites.
The VPS plans are fully managed with control panels like InterWorx, Plesk, and cPanel for easy administration.
Liquid Web aims to provide VPS hosting that can handle complex, data-intensive workloads efficiently.
- 10Gbps Network Speeds: Get fast network connectivity with 10Gbps inbound and 10TB outbound bandwidth monthly.
- Control Panel Options: Manage VPS hosting using InterWorx, Plesk, or cPanel control panels.
- CloudFlare CDN Integration: Improve site performance by using CloudFlare’s global content delivery network.
- Enhanced Security: ServerSecure, firewall, and DDoS protection safeguard websites from attacks.
- Root Access: Take full control of the VPS with root access to the server environment.
- Easy Scalability: Upgrade or downgrade VPS hosting plans with minimal downtime.
- Dedicated IP: Get better performance and security with a dedicated IP address.
- 100% Uptime SLAs: Liquid Web guarantees 100% power and network uptime.
Plans & Pricing
Liquid Web offers 3 types of VPS hosting plans:
General – Best for multiple sites and e-commerce
- Essential ($20/month annually) – 2 vCPU, 2GB RAM, 40GB storage
- Advanced ($30/month annually) – 4 vCPU, 4GB RAM, 100GB storage
- Professional ($40/month annually) – 8 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 150GB storage
- Elite ($50/month annually) – 12 vCPU, 12GB RAM, 200GB storage
Memory Optimized Plans – Best for databases and caching
- Essential starts at $23/mo with 2 vCPU, 4GB RAM, 40GB storage
- Advanced is $35/mo with 4 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 100GB storage
- Professional starts at $45/mo with 8 vCPU, 12GB RAM, 150GB storage
- Elite is $55/mo with 12 vCPU, 16GB RAM, 200GB storage
CPU Optimized Plans – Best for high-traffic sites
- Essential is $23/mo with 3 vCPU, 2GB RAM, 40GB storage
- Advanced is $35/mo with 6 vCPU, 4GB RAM, 100GB storage
- Professional is $45/mo with 10 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 150GB storage
- Elite is $55/mo with 16 vCPU, 12GB RAM, 200GB storage
All plans include full management, 50 GB Acronis Cyber Backups, DDoS protection
Liquid Web’s next-generation VPS hosting is designed to provide high performance, flexibility, security, and reliability. Key highlights include fast 10Gbps network, optimized configurations, fully managed plans, and a 100% uptime guarantee.
With the ability to customize resources and 24/7 expert support, Liquid Web offers right-sized VPS solutions for demanding workloads.
Bluehost offers virtual private server (VPS) hosting that provides users with full control and dedicated server resources to build websites without limits.
Bluehost VPS plans provide high performance through solid-state drives, dedicated RAM, CPU, and storage.
- Full root access to make unlimited FTP accounts and fully customize the server environment.
- Ability to host unlimited domains and websites on a single VPS server.
- Unmetered bandwidth with no limits on traffic to VPS websites.
- Dedicated server resources including RAM, CPU cores, and SSD storage.
- 24/7 VPS support from experts to assist with any questions.
- Easy-to-use dashboard to manage websites, analyze performance, and more.
- Ability to add VPS, shared, or dedicated hosting services and manage them from one dashboard.
Plans & Pricing
- Standard Plan ($29.99/month with 25% savings) – 2GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 120GB SSD storage, cPanel license
- Enhanced Plan ($39.99/month with 33% savings) – 4GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 165GB SSD storage, cPanel license
- Ultimate Plan ($69.99/month with 41% savings) – 8GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, 240GB SSD storage, cPanel license
Tired of shared hosting limitations? Step up your website’s performance with Bluehost VPS. Get full control and dedicated resources to unleash your site’s true potential. Choose your ideal level of RAM, CPU cores, and SSD storage. Take your website to the next level with Bluehost VPS today!
3. A2 Hosting
When it comes to VPS hosting, one name that stands out in the marketplace is A2 hosting. A2 Hosting offers two main VPS hosting options such as managed VPS hosting and unmanaged VPS hosting.
Unmanaged VPS gives you full control to configure your server however you like. You get command line server access, managed hardware/network by A2 Hosting, your choice of operating system, and full root access. This is best for experienced users who want maximum flexibility.
Managed VPS takes care of server management for you through cPanel. You still get managed hardware/network from A2 Hosting, along with 24/7 support, available root access if desired, and automatic security management. This hands-off approach is ideal for users who want an easy-to-use VPS.
Unmanaged VPS offers maximum control for technical experts, while Managed VPS provides an all-inclusive, hassle-free VPS experience. So, A2 Hosting provides flexible VPS options to suit different needs.
- 20x faster Turbo for better SEO ranking, lower bounce rates, and higher conversation rates
- SSD VPS Hosting for better performance
- Developer Friendly
- 99% Uptime Commitment
- Free Account Migration to move the site to A2 hosting
Plans & Pricing
A2 Hosting has two types of plans, managed VPS and unmanaged VPS.
Pricing of Managed VPS Hosting
- Lift 4: $39.99 per month for 4 GB RAM, 150 GB SSD storage, and 2 TB Transfer
- Lift 8: $54.99 per month for 8 GB RAM, 250 SSD storage, and 3 TB Transfer
- Mach 8: $59.99 per month for 8 GB RAM, 150 GB NVMe SD storage, and 2 TB Transfer
- Mach 16: $89.99 per month for 16 GB RAM, 250 GB NVMe storage, and 3 TB Transfer
- Lift 16 – High Powered Managed VPS, $67.99/month for 16 GB RAM, 450 GB SSD Storage, 4 TB Transfer
- Mach 32 – Up To 20X FASTER Turbo VPS, $99.99/month for 32 GB RAM, 450 GB NVMe SSD Storage, 4 TB Transfer
All the above plans include SSL Certificate, Imunify360 Security Suite, CloudLinux OS, cPanel Control Panel, Easy Site Transfer for free, and Money-Back Guarantee.
Pricing of Unmanaged VPS Hosting
- Runway 1 – $2.99/mo (66% off): 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD Storage, 1 Core, 0.5 TB Transfer
- Runway 2 – $7.99/mo (46% off): 2 GB RAM, 75 GB SSD Storage, 2 Cores, 2 TB Transfer
- Runway 4 – $9.99/mo (58% off): 4 GB RAM, 150 GB SSD Storage, 4 Cores, 3 TB Transfer
- Supersonic 8 – $29.99/mo (50% off): 8 GB RAM, 200 GB NVMe SSD Storage, 6 Cores, 4 TB Transfer
- Supersonic 16 – $59.99/mo (40% off): 16 GB RAM, 300 GB NVMe SSD Storage, 8 Cores, 6 TB Transfer
- Supersonic 32 – $89.99/mo (35% off): 32 GB RAM, 450 GB NVMe SSD Storage, 10 Cores, 8 TB Transfer
All plans include root access and a money-back guarantee. The Supersonic plans are hosted on faster Turbo Servers.
A2 Hosting provides flexible and high-performing VPS hosting with managed and unmanaged plans. Managed plans offer an easy cPanel interface while unmanaged maximize control and customization. So, try A2 Hosting today and get your website hosted on its high-performing infrastructure!
Hostinger offers virtual private server (VPS) hosting plans that provide users with full control, flexibility, and speed for their websites and applications.
Their VPS servers utilize powerful Intel Xeon processors, NVMe SSD storage, abundant RAM, and fast network connections to deliver excellent performance.
- SSD Storage: VPS servers use ultra-fast NVMe SSD drives which greatly improve disk I/O speeds and website loading times compared to regular HDDs. The storage capacities range from 50GB to 400GB depending on the plan.
- Processing Power: Servers are equipped with modern Intel Xeon processors which provide high clock speeds and multiple cores/threads for smooth parallel execution of tasks. More CPU cores are allocated with higher-tier plans.
- RAM: There are generous RAM allocations from 4GB up to 32GB, ensuring resources for running multiple processes and services smoothly without slowdowns.
- Network Bandwidth: Unmetered 100Mbps connections ensure fast page load times and lag-free user experiences. Monthly data transfer allowances are provided from 1TB up to 8TB based on the plan.
- Firewall: An artificial intelligence-powered firewall provides real-time monitoring of traffic and malicious requests, adding an extra layer of security.
- Root Access: Users get full root SSH access to their VPS which allows customization of the server configuration, installation of software, and granular management of resources.
- Backups & Snapshots: Automatic weekly backups and on-demand snapshots help quickly restore VPS server files and data in case of errors or disasters.
Plans & Pricing
- KVM 1 ($5.99/mo) – 1 CPU core, 4GB RAM, 50GB NVMe storage, 1TB bandwidth
- KVM 2 ($7.99/mo) – 2 CPU cores, 8GB RAM, 100GB storage, 2TB bandwidth
- KVM 4 ($12.99/mo) – 4 cores, 16GB RAM, 200GB storage, 4TB bandwidth
- KVM 8 ($21.99/mo) – 8 cores, 32GB RAM, 400GB storage, 8TB bandwidth
All plans include a dedicated IP address, snapshots, backups, 24/7 support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Hostinger provides reliable and affordable VPS hosting plans. Their VPS solutions are great for users looking for more control and better performance than shared hosting. The wide range of plan options can accommodate small startups to large businesses.
Benefits Of Choosing Managed Over Unmanaged VPS Hosting
Choosing Managed VPS Hosting over Unmanaged VPS Hosting has several benefits.
With Managed VPS Hosting, you don’t need to worry about handling server-related tasks like updates, maintenance, and software installations.
The hosting provider takes care of these responsibilities for you, allowing you to focus fully on growing your business.
On the other hand, Unmanaged VPS Hosting requires you, the business owner, to handle all server-related tasks and maintenance.
While it offers more control over the server and software configurations, it also demands a higher level of technical expertise.
If you don’t have the necessary technical skills or dedicated in-house resources, managing an Unmanaged VPS can be challenging and time-consuming.
Managed VPS Hosting provides a hands-free approach, making it ideal for businesses that want to avoid the technical complexities of server management.
The hosting provider takes care of the server, security, and updates, giving you peace of mind and allowing you to concentrate on your core business activities.
If you prioritize convenience, reliability, and professional support, Managed VPS Hosting is the better choice for you.
Things To Consider While Choosing The Best VPS Hosting
Assess your team’s technical expertise. If you prefer handling server management yourself, opt for an unmanaged VPS plan. For a hands-off approach, go for a managed VPS plan where the hosting provider takes care of server maintenance.
Ensure the VPS hosting plan supports your operating system. Some plans offer multiple OS options, while others may be limited. Verify this information with the hosting company before signing up.
Root Access Availability
Determine whether you need complete control over the server or not. Managed plans handle technical aspects, so root access isn’t necessary. Unmanaged plans require technical proficiency as you’ll have full control over the server.
Storage and Bandwidth
Choose a plan with sufficient storage and bandwidth for your current needs. As your website gets bigger, you can choose to upgrade at a later time. Consider plans with SSD storage for faster performance.
Look for high uptime guarantees. A reliable website with minimal downtime is crucial for user experience and search engine rankings. Ensure the host offers an uptime guarantee in their Terms of Service.
Web server speed impacts your website’s responsiveness. Check the hosting provider’s server speed rating to ensure a quality service.
Having quick and helpful customer support is really important. Test the support channels before signing up, including live chat, phone, email, and knowledge base.
A solid backup system is vital for data security and recovery. Check the frequency and retention period of backups and if automated backups are available.
VPS hosting is more secure than shared hosting, but differences exist between providers. Choose a VPS host with strong security measures and consider Cloud-based solutions for enhanced security.
Compare hosting providers for unique features that can benefit your website. Look for performance optimizations, cost-saving features, and other advantages.
FAQs About VPS Services
Let’s quickly check out the frequently asked questions about Virtual Private Servers (VPS Hosting) you may find useful.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server.
Some of the top VPS hosting providers are Hostinger for affordability and transparency, Bluehost for performance, Liquid Web for reliability, and A2 Hosting for business scalability and support. Each excels in certain areas to meet diverse needs.
Bluehost is a reliable VPS hosting provider known for its solid performance.
The minimum RAM (Random Access Memory) for a VPS (Virtual Private Server) typically starts at around 1 GB. However, the specific minimum RAM requirement may vary depending on the hosting provider and the type of VPS plan you choose.
The exact number of users a VPS can handle varies based on the specific configuration and workload of the server. It is essential to choose a VPS plan with sufficient resources to accommodate the expected number of users and to regularly monitor server performance to ensure optimal user experience.
VPS is better suited for hosting websites and applications, providing dedicated resources, scalability, and control. VPN is better for online privacy and security, creating encrypted connections to access the internet privately and bypass geo-restrictions.
VPS hosting is more expensive than shared hosting because it offers dedicated resources, better performance, and added features like enhanced security and support. The hardware, maintenance, and service costs contribute to the overall higher price for VPS plans.
- Best Managed WordPress Hosting for Maximum Performance in 2023
- Top Reliable Web Hosts to Get Free .Com Domain for 1 Year in 2023
- Best Podcast Hosting 2023 to Create & Monetize Your Podcasts
- Managed Hosting vs Shared Hosting: Which Is The Best Fit For Your Website In 2023?
- Best Web Hosting Providers in 2023 (For Small & Growing Businesses)
- Best Web Hosting Deals 2023: Save up to 90% on Reliable Services
- Top Sites To Buy Expired Domains in 2023
- Best AppSumo Deals 2023 [Save up to 98%]
Final Thoughts on Best VPS Hosting Providers 2023
When it comes to getting the best performance for your website without going all-in on a dedicated server, VPS hosting is the way to go.
However, when researching the best VPS hosting 2023, keep the following things in mind,
- Don’t simply choose the cheapest VPS option – focus on quality
- Vet hosts thoroughly across key benchmarks like speed, uptime, support, etc.
- Pick a VPS aligned to your technical skills and current/future site needs
Hope our insights help you make an informed VPS choice to achieve your online business vision.
The possibilities are boundless with the performance boost of a premier VPS partner in your corner.