For quite some time, the debate between shared and managed WordPress hosting has raged on in the WordPress community.
We’re no strangers to the debate either; in our numerous hosting evaluations, comparisons, and polls, we’ve found that there are always compelling arguments to be made on both sides.
Nevertheless, comparing shared hosting with managed hosting may not be as straightforward as it first seems to be.
In this post, we will go through;
- Detailed comparison of Managed Hosting vs Shared Hosting
- Finally, how do these two alternatives vary, and which one do we think is best in each case?
Table of Contents
- Managed Hosting Vs Shared Hosting: Which Option Should You Choose?
- What is Managed Hosting and How Does it Work?
- What is Shared Hosting?
- Shared Hosting VS Managed Hosting: What’s The Difference?
- 3 Best Managed Hosting Services in 2023
- 3 Best Shared Hosting Services in 2023
- Final Thoughts on Managed Hosting vs Shared Hosting
What is Managed Hosting and How Does it Work?
Managed hosting refers to a business model in which a third party rents out an entire server farm to a single customer.
That is to say, with Managed hosting services, you won’t have to do as much manual IT maintenance on your server.
The hosting service will take care of the hardware so you can concentrate on the software.
In addition to cloud, VPS, and dedicated hosting, several organizations provide managed hosting.
The two varieties of managed hosting are as follows:
Semi Managed Hosting
With semi-managed hosting, the hosting provider handles hardware maintenance and network monitoring.
But, here the client is responsible for administering the server’s software and applications. This implies the client may modify the server’s settings to meet their own requirements.
Fully Managed Hosting
On the other hand, a fully-managed hosting service is one in which the hosting provider handles all elements of server administration. This includes hardware upkeep, software setup and configuration, security updates, and technical support.
The client has less say in the server’s setup but may be certain that the host is keeping it safe and stable.
Depending on the requirements and knowledge of the customer, both semi-managed and fully managed hosting might be beneficial.
Clients with a higher level of technical expertise and an interest in customizing their hosting environment may want semi-managed hosting, while those seeking a more hands-off hosting experience may prefer fully managed hosting.
What are the features of Managed Hosting?
The goal of managed hosting is to make hosting as simple and stress-free as possible for the customer.
Key characteristics of managed hosting include the following:
- The hosting company is responsible for maintaining the server’s hardware, software, and network infrastructure to guarantee its continuous availability.
- Managed hosting services often feature round-the-clock access to technical support staff trained to assist customers with any hosting-related difficulties that may occur.
- Firewalls, virus scanning, and distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection are only some of the common security measures used by managed hosting companies to ensure the safety of their customer’s websites and data.
- In case of hardware failure, cyber assaults, or other calamities, managed hosting companies often provide frequent backups of their customers’ data.
- Server and network monitoring is a common service offered by managed hosting companies, allowing problems to be addressed before they escalate.
- Websites and apps hosted with a managed hosting service are routinely updated to the most recent and secure versions of all installed software.
- The capacity to instantly add or remove server resources in response to fluctuations in traffic or demand is a common scaling feature offered by managed hosting companies.
Advantages of a Managed Hosting
- Servers are always being monitored: Regular monitoring of the server allows for the proactive discovery of anomalies, vulnerabilities, or problems that might influence the efficiency of your organization. So, this is one of the key advantages of managed server hosting. In real time, it checks the status of your server’s hardware, software, OS, network, RAM, disk space, and more. Hence, this routine check ensures that your site and server are always functioning optimally.
- Automated backups: Managed hosting services ensure the safety and regular backup of your data. With Managed WordPress hosting, your site is protected against malicious attacks, data loss, and other disasters with regular, automatic backups.
- Better security support: They can deal with problems of server security and prevent hacking attempts using a variety of technologies at their disposal. They do regular virus scans and security audits to identify potential points of attack on the server and patch them accordingly. They also implement necessary safeguards to protect your website from malicious code and phishing attempts.
- A fully-managed interface: The control panel that comes with a managed server hosting service makes it easy to administer your hosting account and website. Using this powerful tool, you can manage your hosting account’s databases, email forwarding, DNS records, access logs, performance statistics, and more.
Disadvantages of a Managed Hosting
Although there are numerous upsides to managed hosting, there are a few drawbacks to think about as well.
The primary disadvantages of managed hosting are,
- Cost: As the hosting company handles server management and related services, managed to host may cost more than self-managed or unmanaged hosting.
- Restricted control: Clients may have less say in the setup and personalization of their servers if they choose managed hosting, since the hosting provider is in charge of maintaining the server environment.
- Dependence on the hosting provider: Managed hosting places the responsibility for server administration and supports squarely on the shoulders of the hosting provider. This might be problematic in the event of downtime or other problems with the hosting provider.
- Restricted flexibility: The rigid standards and restrictions of managed hosting companies, such as restrictions on the sorts of software or programs that may be installed, might be a drawback for customers that need a more adaptable hosting environment.
- Limitations in communication: Managed hosting may cause delays and communication problems since customers must go via the hosting company’s official channels to make changes or report problems.
- Complexity: Clients who are unfamiliar with server management or technical concerns may find managed hosting more challenging than shared hosting. Clients may find it more challenging to investigate problems or implement necessary adjustments to their hosting environment as a result.
Are you wondering what’s shared hosting? It is a form of web hosting service in which numerous websites share a single server along with its resources, such as processing power, memory, and disk space.
Although each website on the server has its own user account and is completely separate from the others, the server’s basic resources are shared across all of them.
Clients are responsible for their own website management, including
- Content uploading
- email account creation, and
- Database maintenance.
As the cost of the server and its resources may be divided among several customers, server shared hosting is sometimes the most cost-effective kind of hosting service.
In general, shared hosting has several characteristics:
- In terms of cost, shared hosting is among the most cost-effective solutions available in 2023. Hosting numerous sites on one server allows consumers to split the cost-of-service provision.
- Shared hosting makes management simple since the service provider handles routine server upkeep, security monitoring, and software upgrades. In this way, people don’t need any technical knowledge to maintain their websites.
- Storage space, transfer capacity, and processor power are only some of the shared hosting restrictions. If the site begins getting a lot of traffic, this might stunt its development.
- Users on a shared hosting plan have restricted access to the server’s administrative panels and configuration options. This may limit the extent to which the server environment can be tailored to match individual needs.
- Because of the shared nature of the hosting environment, there is a potential for security issues to spread from one website to another. All the sites hosted on the same server are vulnerable to attack if a single one is hacked.
- While the resources are split among several users, shared hosting plans are not highly scalable. Because of this, the site’s capacity to respond to traffic surges or expand may be constrained.
The benefits of using a shared host include:
- Cost-effective: One of the most cost-effective ways to host a website is with a shared hosting package. When numerous users share a server’s resources, the overall cost is reduced for everyone.
- Facilitated usage: Websites, email addresses, and other services may all be easily managed using the intuitive interfaces provided by most shared hosting companies. Websites may be created and managed by anyone with no technical expertise.
- Simple to maintain: Users are free to concentrate on content management rather than server administration thanks to the efforts of the hosting provider.
- Good Technical Support: If a user has any problems with their website or server, they may usually contact the shared hosting provider for help.
- Flexibility: A wide variety of tools, including email accounts, databases, and content management systems (CMS), are often available as part of a shared hosting service.
- Good for small web applications: Shared hosting services work well for low-traffic websites of any size. They provide enough support for standard website operations and can deal with a modest volume of visitors.
- Upgrades are simple: Shared hosting plans may be upgraded as a website’s traffic and resource needs (such as disk space and bandwidth) increase.
Shared hosting has a number of drawbacks, including:
- Inadequate resources: Each website has a certain amount of space, bandwidth, and computing power due to the fact that the server hosts several websites. If one site on the server gets a lot of visitors or utilizes a lot of resources, it might slow down the whole server.
- Dangers to security: Several websites often use the same server, making them all vulnerable to attack if one is breached. Shared hosting plans are more susceptible to hacking and virus assaults since their providers may not always use the most up-to-date security technologies.
- Control issues: As the hosting provider handles the server’s administration, users on shared hosting plans have little say in the machine’s settings and configurations. Those that need to tweak the server setting to meet the needs of their websites may find this restrictive.
- Slow website speed: While using a shared hosting service, your site’s load time may increase or decrease depending on the traffic and resources used by other sites on the same server. Your site’s loading time may suffer if the server is also hosting a number of other popular sites.
- No root accesses: Root access to the server is not often included in shared hosting plans. This may be restrictive for power users who need to install specialized software or tailor the server’s settings.
- Not a good choice for busy websites: Shared hosting plans aren’t great for high-traffic websites since they may not be able to manage the extra load and end up slowing down or even crashing the site.
When trying to decide amongst the various hosting providers out there and the plethora of plans they each offer, it may be difficult to know where to begin.
This entry is lacking information since it does not differentiate between two forms of hosting.
Managed Hosting Vs Shared Hosting
In the case of shared hosting, your website will be hosted alongside the websites of other users.
Because of the presence of other users on the server, shared hosting services often restrict both storage capacity and data transfer.
Managed hosting provides you with your own personal computer, giving you full control over its setup.
As you would be the only client using the server, you will be able to reap the full advantages of managed hosting.
You will have the freedom to customize your computer down to the smallest detail, including the quantity and kind of RAM, operating system, and other hardware components.
When you choose a shared hosting service, the hosting provider will set up the necessary firewalls and other server security software.
Managed hosting has the drawback of requiring a high level of technical expertise on your part.
If you choose an unmanaged service, you’ll have to handle everything from installing the operating system to screening for viruses and removing it.
Budget, server/website requirements, and desired level of access will all play a role in determining the sort of hosting service you ultimately go with.
3 Best Managed Hosting Services in 2023
1. WPX Hosting
When it comes to shared vs managed WordPress hosting, WPX Hosting is your best bet. Terry Kyle, who has worked in the web hosting sector for over two decades, started the company in 2013.
WPX Hosting’s rapid ascent to prominence may be attributed to the company’s emphasis on offering first-rate customer service in addition to its rock-solid hosting infrastructure.
Managed WordPress hosting is included in all plans; this means that WPX Hosting handles routine server upkeep, security, and software upgrades. So that customers can concentrate on building and maintaining their websites.
Key Features of WPX Hosting
WPX Hosting has a number of useful features, including:
- WPX Hosting’s fast and dependable hosting is made possible by enterprise-grade infrastructure and cutting-edge caching technology. They also promise 99.95% uptime.
- With WPX Hosting’s managed WordPress hosting, you won’t have to worry about anything related to the server’s upkeep, security, or upgrades.
- SSL certificates, which encrypt data on a website and improve security for users, are included at no additional cost with all hosting services.
- In case of data loss or corruption, customers may quickly and simply recover their website thanks to WPX Hosting’s daily backups.
- When you host your website with WPX Hosting, you’ll have access to a team of knowledgeable technicians. They are available through live chat and email around the clock to help you with any problems you may run into.
- Quick and trustworthy hosting: WPX is rated excellent and received great reviews on the most popular platform, TrustPilot.
- Managed hosting for WordPress: All plans include free 1-click WordPress installs, free unlimited site migrations, free malware removal, free fixes if your site goes offline, free Site Speed Optimization, 30-sec average support response, and a lot more.
- Open-Source SSL Certificates: You will get unlimited free SSL certificates provided by Let’s Encrypt.
- Off-site backups: Your sites are secured with 28 days automatic backups on dedicated backup servers.
- Excellent customer support: Staff of knowledgeable experts available through live chat and emails around the clock to help with any difficulties that may arise.
- Cost-free website relocations: WPX Hosting makes it simple to move to their hosting service by providing free website migrations for new clients.
- World’s Largest Content Delivery System (CDN): In order to speed up website loading times for users from all over the globe, WPX Hosting provides a Global CDN that pulls material from numerous servers located in various parts of the world.
- Staging areas: If you’re making modifications to your website on WPX Hosting, you may test them in a staging area before releasing them to the public.
- Less hosting choices: Those in need of hosting options like virtual private server (VPS) or dedicated server (DS) hosting may want to go elsewhere than WPX Hosting, which exclusively provides managed WordPress hosting.
- Restricted access to server configurations: While WPX Hosting handles server management, sophisticated customers who need to tweak the server environment to meet their unique website needs may find themselves with fewer options.
- Space constraints: Users with big websites or databases may outgrow the storage capacity included in WPX Hosting’s hosting plans.
- Higher Pricing: WPX Hosting’s prices are higher than those of some of its competitors, making it unaffordable for certain smaller enterprises and individuals.
Cloudways is a managed hosting provider that is the best option for putting your website or app online. Some cloud service providers are compatible with their managed cloud hosting. This covers
- Amazon Web Services,
- Google Cloud Platform,
- Vultr, and
Cloudways provides its customers with an easy-to-use platform for controlling their whole IT setup.
Key Features of Cloudways Hosting
Some of Cloudways’ most notable characteristics are as follows:
- Cloudways gives its consumers the option of using any one of five major cloud providers (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, Vultr, or Linode) based on their specific requirements.
- Managing your servers, apps, and databases has never been easier than with Cloudways’ intuitive management panel. Cloudways’s control panel’s user-friendliness makes it a breeze to set up and begin using the service.
- With Cloudways, installing widely used platforms like WordPress, Magento, and Drupal takes as little as a single click.
- The risk of mistakes and downtime may be reduced by using Cloudways’ staging environment to test websites and apps before they are sent to production.
- Cloudways’ customers can rest easy knowing that their data is always safe and secure thanks to the platform’s automatic backups and flexible backup scheduling options.
- SSL Certificates, Firewalls, and Regular Security Updates are just a few of the Security Features offered by Cloudways to help keep hosted websites and apps safe.
- Excellent performance without breaking the bank. You don’t need to pay a premium to get great website performance with Cloudways. Even their cheapest plan can handle heavy traffic without breaking a sweat.
- No arbitrary limits on your websites. Unlike some other web hosts, Cloudways won’t limit the number of websites you can host on your server. As long as your server has the resources, you can keep adding more sites without any extra fees.
- Handy WordPress tools to make your life easier. If you’re a WordPress user, you’ll appreciate the additional tools and features that Cloudways provides. You can create staging sites to test changes before pushing them live, set up automated backups to protect your data, and even use an optimization plugin to improve your website’s speed.
- Server-level SMTP for reliable emails. If you’re tired of dealing with unreliable email services, Cloudways has your back. Their server-level SMTP tool makes it easy to send and receive emails from your website without any extra setup required.
- Restrictions on the Control Panel: Cloudways’ control panel is intuitive, but more skilled users may find it lacking in features compared to those offered by other cloud hosting companies.
- Inability to Get Root: Those that need more control over their hosting environment may find Cloudways’ lack of root access to their servers to be a drawback.
- High Prices: Cloudways provides a variety of pricing plans, however, their costs are often higher than those of competing cloud hosting companies.
- Scarcity of Colocation Facilities: Users that have compliance or performance needs tied to a certain data center location may find Cloudways’ restricted number of data center locations to be negative.
- Support response time: Cloudways provides round-the-clock support, however, consumers who need urgent help may be concerned about the length of time it takes for them to get a response.
Kinsta is widely regarded as the best WordPress hosting service available.
Kinsta is a managed hosting company that handles everything behind the scenes, from server maintenance and security to backups and upgrades. So that site owners can concentrate on what they do best: creating and promoting content and running a business.
Key Features of Kinsta
Kinsta’s many useful features make it a great choice for companies of any size. Some examples of these traits are:
- Kinsta’s servers are hosted on Google Cloud Platform, a highly regarded platform known for its reliability, speed, and low latency.
- Daily website backups are automatically created by Kinsta, and they can be restored with a simple mouse click.
- Two-factor authentication, distributed denial of service (DDoS) prevention, and virus scanning are just a few of the security features offered by Kinsta.
- Kinsta offers a number of developer-friendly tools, including staging environments, SSH access, and Git integration, to help developers construct and maintain their websites.
- Kinsta has excellent support available through live chat and emails around the clock from friendly and competent employees.
Some of the many benefits of utilizing Kinsta are as follows:
- They offer free daily website backups, which is amazing because you never know when you might accidentally delete something important. But don’t worry, with Kinsta hosting, you can easily restore any lost files instantly.
- They offer excellent security and even have a free hack-fix guarantee. If your site gets hacked, they’ll fix it for you. How cool is that?
- They offer a free SSL certificate and CDN. This means your website will be more secure and will load faster for your visitors.
- The dashboard is super simple to use, and you can manage everything from bandwidth to space with ease.
- If you don’t want to pay for 12 months upfront, no worries. Kinsta hosting offers monthly billing cycles. But, if you do decide to pay yearly, you’ll get two months of free hosting. Nice!
- You’ll also have access to a staging area, which is perfect for testing out changes before pushing them live.
- They offer free website migrations! So, if you’re not happy with your current host, you can easily migrate to Kinsta without any additional cost.
- Kinsta hosting is easily scalable. You can upgrade or downgrade your plan based on the number of visitors you’re getting to your site. And if you’re running a WooCommerce site, their server environment is optimized for that too!
Possible drawbacks include the following:
- Price: As compared to other managed WordPress hosting services, Kinsta’s prices are higher. This might be a drawback for individuals seeking a cheaper hosting service.
- Restricted disk space: Disk space is restricted on all Kinsta plans, which might be a dealbreaker for people who need to store massive amounts of data.
- No email hosting: Kinsta does not provide email hosting in any of its plans, therefore customers will need to find another email service to utilize.
- No cPanel: Those used to the widely used cPanel web hosting management panel may find Kinsta’s lack of this feature to be a drawback.
Shared hosting plans are what Hostinger provides, and they’re available to anybody who wants to start a website or host an existing one. When numerous websites are hosted on a single server, the server’s hardware resources (such as its processor, memory, and hard drive space) are divided among them. This hosting model is known as “shared hosting.”
All of Hostinger’s shared hosting plans come with a free domain name, have unlimited data transfer, and allow you to host an unlimited number of websites.
WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, among others, can be installed with a single click, and the company provides a website builder as well.
Key Features of Hostinger
- Most of Hostinger’s shared hosting packages come with a free domain name. You may skip buying a domain name and immediately begin working on your website.
- There are no limits on the amount of data that may be transmitted to and from your site with Hostinger’s shared hosting services, which have unlimited bandwidth.
- You may host a wide variety of websites with a single Hostinger account since this feature is available on many of their shared hosting plans. When compared to buying numerous hosting accounts, this might be a more economical option for hosting many websites.
- Hostinger’s website builder is a great option for those who don’t know how to code but still want to launch their own website.
- With its drag-and-drop interface and an assortment of premade layouts, it’s a breeze to put up a polished website.
- Install major CMSes like WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal with a single click using the one-click installation included in all shared hosting services from Hostinger.
- Most of Hostinger’s shared hosting plans include email accounts, so you can set up an email address with your domain name and give it a more polished, professional appearance.
- Affordability: Individuals and startups on a tight budget will find Hostinger’s shared hosting options to be among the most competitive available.
- Facilitated usage: When you sign up for a shared hosting plan with Hostinger, you’ll have access to a user-friendly control panel that simplifies tasks like website management, software installation, and account administration.
- Quick and trustworthy: Hostinger employs cutting-edge hardware and software solutions to guarantee uninterrupted service for your website. To further guarantee availability, they also have many data centers strategically placed in different parts of the globe.
- Name of domain available at no cost: Most of Hostinger’s shared hosting plans include a free domain name, which may help you save money and get your website up and running quickly.
- Free domain name: The shared hosting options offered by Hostinger might be a cost-effective method to host several websites on a single account.
- Website builder: If you don’t know how to code, but still want a professional-looking website, Hostinger’s website builder tool is for you.
- One-click Installer: Popular content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal can be set up with only a few clicks using Hostinger’s one-click installation.
- Support for clients around-the-clock: If you ever run into any problems with your website, Hostinger’s customer service is available by live chat, email, and phone every minute of every day of the year.
Hostinger’s shared hosting services come with a number of advantages, but there are also a few negatives to think about.
- Inadequate resources: All the websites housed on the server share the server’s resources like CPU, RAM, and storage space. This implies that the performance of your website may suffer if another website hosted on the same server has heavy traffic or resource utilization.
- Scalability Issues: Hostinger’s shared hosting plans aren’t always the greatest choice for high-traffic websites or apps that need a lot of system resources. In such a circumstance, you may benefit more from a Virtual Private Server or a Dedicated Server from Hostinger.
- Restricted personalization: As the server is handled by the hosting provider, the degree of customization available via shared hosting plans may be restricted.
- Less high-level languages are supported: It’s possible that high-level languages like Ruby on Rails and Django won’t be supported on Hostinger’s shared hosting services.
- Backup and restore: When it comes to backup and restoration, Hostinger has few alternatives, and their shared hosting plans don’t include automated backups.
- Hostinger Review 2023 – Is it The Right Web Host For You?
- How To Install WordPress in Hostinger? Step By Step Beginner’s Guide
- Hostinger Coupon Code 2023 – Up to 90% OFF [100% Working]
Shared hosting services are what Bluehost is all about. Shared hosting options from Bluehost are flexible enough to accommodate everything from personal blogs to small company websites.
This provides useful extras like a
- Free domain name for the first year,
- Unlimited bandwidth,
- A one-click WordPress installation, and
- A straightforward dashboard.
To protect your website from malicious software and hacking efforts, Bluehost provides a number of security tools. They include SiteLock protection, CodeGuard backup, and SSL certificates.
Key Features of Bluehost Shared Hosting
Shared hosting plans from Bluehost typically include the following features:
- Bluehost provides a free domain name registration for the first year with every shared hosting package. Bluehost also sells extra domains if you need them.
- Using Bluehost website builder and shared hosting, you can create a website without knowing how to code.
- When looking for a host for your WordPress site, WordPress.org suggests Bluehost. WordPress installation is as simple as clicking a button with their shared hosting services.
- Bluehost’s email services enable you to set up a custom email address with your own domain name.
- Bluehost shared hosting plans have unmetered bandwidth, so there are no overage fees if your site has a sudden spike in traffic.
- Several Bluehost shared hosting plans come with varying amounts of storage space.
- When you sign up for a shared hosting plan with Bluehost, you’ll automatically get an SSL certificate at no additional cost.
- Reasonable Costs: Bluehost’s cheap shared hosting services make it a good choice for individuals and startups.
- User-friendly: Shared hosting services from Bluehost are ideal for novices because of their intuitive control interface and one-click WordPress installation.
- Superior assistance for customers: In addition to a comprehensive knowledge library and video tutorials, Bluehost’s round-the-clock customer help is available by phone, email, and live chat.
- Cost-free Web address: Bluehost’s shared hosting plans all come with a free domain name for the first year.
- Security features: Bluehost provides many methods of protecting your website from malicious attacks, including as SiteLock security, CodeGuard backup, and SSL certificates.
- Constrained resources: The processing power, memory, and data space available in a shared hosting package are capped. Upgrading to a virtual private server (VPS) or dedicated server (DS) may be necessary if your website receives a lot of visitors or has extensive resource needs.
- Server performance: When utilizing a shared hosting plan like Bluehost’s, your site’s speed may be affected if other sites hosted on the same server use an excessive amount of resources.
- No Windows-based hosting: If your website has to use Windows-only technology, you won’t be able to use Bluehost since their hosting is Linux-only.
- Renewal prices: Some consumers may be surprised to see that Bluehost’s renewal fees are higher than their original promotional pricing.
- No recurring charges: If you want to pay on a monthly basis rather than annually, you may find Bluehost’s lack of a monthly payment option annoying.
- Bluehost Review 2023: My 12 Months Initial Plus Renewal Experience
- Bluehost Website Builder Review (2023): Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide!
- Which Bluehost Plan to Choose in 2023: The Best Plan for Beginners (Revealed)
HostArmada is a web hosting company that offers affordable shared hosting plans to individuals and companies.
With this shared hosting, your website will have to share the server’s processing power, memory, and storage space with other hosted websites.
HostArmada provides a variety of affordable shared hosting plans to accommodate a wide range of customer requirements and budgets.
In addition to services like a website builder, email accounts, and one-click installs of popular apps like WordPress, all plans come with a predetermined amount of disk space, bandwidth, and other resources.
Key Features of HostArmada
- If you already have a website, moving it to the HostArmada platform couldn’t be easier, thanks to the company’s free website migration services.
- All of HostArmada’s hosting packages include fast SSD storage to reduce website load times.
- For those without coding experience, HostArmada’s website builder is included in all of their hosting services.
- Your website’s data is protected and easily recoverable thanks to HostArmada’s free daily backups.
- HostArmada’s worldwide network of data centers means you may locate your server anywhere you choose for optimal performance.
- HostArmada’s hosting options are reasonably priced, beginning at only $2.69 monthly.
- HostArmada has exceptional customer service, available through live chat, phone, and email around the clock.
- You may try out HostArmada’s services risk-free for 45 days thanks to their unconditional money-back guarantee.
- HostArmada’s hosting plans are flexible, so you can quickly switch to a more suitable package when your website expands or contracts.
- You’ll need to buy a domain name separately from HostArmada’s hosting services since they don’t come with a free domain name.
- As compared to other website builders, HostArmada’s platform is lacking in functionality.
- When compared to other hosting services, HostArmada’s uptime promise of 99.9% falls short.
Go through the following most commonly asked questions around shared hosting vs managed server hosting to make the right decision for you.
— For those just starting a website, shared hosting is recommended.
— Small businesses, bloggers, and startups should avoid managed WordPress hosting due to the high cost.
— Bluehost is recommended for starting a website.
— Managed WordPress hosting is suitable for high-traffic websites.
Choosing between dedicated hosting vs Shared Hosting comes down to your website’s specific needs. If you’re just starting out and don’t need a lot of resources or control, shared hosting is the more affordable option. But, if your website needs a ton of server resources and you know your stuff when it comes to managing a custom hosting setup, then dedicated hosting might just be worth.
Cloud hosting is considered better than shared hosting as it can handle more traffic, offers better security, and is more reliable. But, bear in mind that cloud hosting generally comes with a higher price tag compared to shared hosting. If you plan on expanding your site and need high performance, cloud hosting is your best bet. But, if you have a small budget and are just starting out, shared hosting may be a good option until you have the cash to upgrade.
If you’re looking for web hosting, you might be wondering whether to go for Bluehost or Hostinger. Both have their good and bad points. If you want cheap prices and fast loading times, Hostinger is your best bet. But if you want unlimited resources and top-notch support, then Bluehost is the way to go.
If you’re wondering whether WPX hosting is worth the investment, the answer is a resounding yes! Not only does WPX offer a wide range of features, but it also delivers lightning-fast performance, top-notch security, and reliable support. So, if you’re looking for managed hosting that offers excellent value for money, WPX is definitely worth consider.
- How to Start a Blog in 2023: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
- Top 16 Blogging Mistakes To Avoid in 2023 (For Amateur Bloggers)
- Best Web Hosting Free Trial 2023 (No Credit Card Required)
- Top Reliable Web Hosts to Get Free .Com Domain for 1 Year in 2023
- Top Sites To Buy Expired Domains in 2023
After going through Managed Hosting vs Shared Hosting, we conclude there are benefits and drawbacks to both managed hosting and shared hosting.
Small websites with little traffic and simple demands may benefit more from shared hosting, which is more cost-effective than managed hosting but offers worse speed, less security, and less scalability.
It all comes down to the requirements of your website and the available funds.
Shared hosting might be a good option if you are just getting started and are on a tight budget.
Managed hosting might be a preferable option, though, if your site is experiencing significant expansion and needs additional power.
So, what are you waiting for? Make an informed decision and take your website to the next level with the right hosting option.