Are you someone who loves to travel and share your experiences with others?
Do you want to turn your passion into a profitable online business? If yes, you might be interested in joining a travel affiliate program.
Travel affiliate programs will help you earn money by promoting travel products and services on your blog, website, social media, or email list.
You just need to recommend and link to the products and services that you trust and use. Every time someone clicks on your link and makes a purchase or a booking, you get a commission.
Sounds easy, right? Well, not so fast.
In this guide, we will help you by providing the best travel affiliate programs you can use to earn money.
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Top 5 High Paying Travel Affiliate Sites for 2023
- Best Practices to Follow to Increase Travel Affiliate Commission
- Final Thoughts on Travel Affiliate Programs 2023
Top 5 High Paying Travel Affiliate Sites for 2023
Here’s a list of the best travel affiliate websites to help you boost your earnings in 2023 and beyond:
1. Expedia – Earn up to 6% on every Transaction
Expedia is one of the world’s leading online travel platforms, offering a wide range of travel products and services to millions of customers around the globe. This includes;
- +3M properties
- +220K of unique activities
- Dozens of cruise line
- +500 airlines
- 1000s of car rentals
By joining their affiliate program, you get eligible to earn commissions for every sale that you generate through your links, widgets, or banners.
Well, Expedia is one of the high-paying travel affiliate sites.
The amount of money you can make as an affiliate with Expedia depends on several factors, such as the type of product or service you promote, the number of bookings or sales you generate, and your marketing efforts.
The commission rates vary from 2% to 6% depending on the product.
The cookie duration is 7 days for most products, except for activities and attractions, which have a 30-day cookie duration.
Why Choose Expedia Travel Affiliate Program?
- Expedia is one of the most trusted travel brands which leads to a high conversion rate.
- They have a broad range of travel products for every budget and preference.
- You can enjoy up to 6% commission for every qualifying booking.
- Exclusive travel deals and offers to boost your revenue.
- Easy-to-use tools to drive referral traffic to Expedia.
- Reporting tools to track your performance and earnings.
- Cutting-edge technology to help you succeed as a travel affiliate marketer.
How to Join the Expedia Affiliate Program?
Joining the Expedia Group affiliate program and working with it is straightforward.
All you need to do is visit their official website and set up your Expedia Group Affiliate Program account by providing your email address.
You will get instant access to promotional material that you can use on your website, email list, or social platforms, and start earning commission from day one.
2. Booking.com – Earn up to 40% Commission
Booking.com is another popular website that fullfils all the needs of travel enthusiasts.
They provide an extensive collection of more than 28 million lodging choices, along with various transportation alternatives and attractions available across over 60,000 different locations.
The commission rate on Booking.com is 25% on each confirmed booking, but it can increased up to 40% if you reach more than 500 reservations per month.
The amount you can earn as an affiliate with Booking.com depends on how many reservations you bring to them per month.
They have a threshold for paying commissions to new affiliates. This may take some time to reach, depending on the average commission rate.
Also, commissions are only paid after the guests have checked out and confirmed their stay. This means you may have to wait for several months to get your money.
However, Booking.com is reliable in paying commissions and you can earn a lot from the peak season bookings and sustain for a long time.
You can receive your commissions by bank transfer or via Paypal, 60 days after the date stipulated in the reservation.
Why Choose Booking.com Travel Affiliate Program?
- You can join the program for free and get access to a wide range of promotional tools such as banner ads, search boxes, deals finder, WordPress plugins, and more.
- You will get the benefit of Booking.com’s high conversion rate and low cancellation rate.
- Access to easy-to-use tools to promote Booking.com travel offerings with ease.
- 24/7 support to help you boost sales and take your business to the next level.
- Track your earnings and performance through Booking.com’s affiliate portal.
How to Join Booking.com Affiliate Program?
There are two ways to get access to the Booking.com affiliate program.
- You need to apply through their Booking.com website or
- Join a network like Travelpayouts or EarnKaro that partners with Booking.com.
3. Agoda – Earn up to 7% commission
Agoda is one of the world’s fastest-growing online travel platforms, offering over 925,000 properties in more than 200 countries and territories.
They cater to many types of travelers – those on business, vacation, alone, or with family.
They have deals for all sorts of places to stay, from big resorts to small hidden spots. This gives travel bloggers more chances to interest different kinds of audiences. This makes it Agoda the leading hotel affiliate program worldwide.
Travel bloggers are the main target of Agoda affiliate program because it requires applicants to have their own websites. Hence there are no social influencers.
Agoda offers a commission model that ranges from 4% to 7% per completed hotel stay. The more bookings you make each month, the higher the percentage of commission you earn for that month.
However, with Agoda, you get generous commission rates, regardless of the volume of bookings you generate per month.
You get paid via direct bank transfer when you have a minimum of $200 in pending commission.
Why Choose the Agoda Travel Affiliate Program?
- Agoda is a trusted brand that has been in the online travel industry for over 20 years. It has millions of loyal customers and high ratings on various platforms.
- Agoda has a high conversion rate and low cancellation rate, which means more earnings for you. Agoda also offers free cancellation and pay-later options for many properties.
- Agoda provides you with various tools and resources to help you promote Agoda effectively.
- Agoda’s promos and web app are available in 38 languages so you connect with your target audiences hassle-free.
- Supports multicurrency
- A dedicated support team that can assist you with any questions or issues you may have.
- You can also access your performance reports, commission payments, and marketing materials from the affiliate dashboard.
How to Join the Agoda Affiliate Program?
Becoming Agoda’s affiliate partner is quite easy and involves absolutely no costs. Simply visit their affiliate program sign-up page and create your account.
4. TripAdvisor – Earn a Minimum 50% Commission
TripAdvisor is one of the largest travel websites in the world with around 8 billion reviews on 1.4 million accomodations.
Nonetheless, they have an amazing affiliate program as well that could be a steady revenue stream for travel bloggers and content creators.
TripAdvisor pays its affiliates 50% or more of the commission it gets from its hotel booking partners when users visit TripAdvisor through a link that tracks the affiliates and then goes to the partners’ websites.
This means that affiliates are paid on a cost-per-click (CPC) basis, not on a cost-per-action (CPA) basis. So, you do not need to generate bookings to earn commissions but only clicks.
TripAdvisor also offers a 4% commission on the revenue that TripAdvisor earns from experiences, such as tours, attractions, and activities.
This means that affiliates are paid on a cost-per-sale (CPS) basis, meaning you need to generate bookings to earn commissions.
Why Choose the TripAdvisor Travel Affiliate Program?
- You can join from anywhere in the world for free and earn commissions in your preferred currency.
- You can create customized and relevant affiliate links, ads, and banners with TripSdvisor’s deep linking system.
- A 14-day referral window is there, which means you will earn commissions if the users you recommend initially return to Tripadvisor via other channels and click out to their partners within those 14 days.
- You can earn high commissions on both hotel and experience bookings, and participate in incentive programs and special offers.
- You can leverage TripAdvisor’s brand name and reputation, and link to their rich content that helps travelers make informed decisions.
How to Join the TripAdvisor Affiliate Program?
Joining their affiliate program requires an account on the Commission Junction or Awin affiliate network. If you already have an account on any of these two, simply search for Tripadvisor and apply to join. Else first sign up on CJ or Awin and then apply for the Tripadvisor affiliate program.
Once your application is approved, you can generate your affiliate link and start promoting it on your website or any other relevant channels.
Please be informed application approval may take some time, as TripAdvisor receives hundreds of applications and has a strict approval process.
TripAdvisor does not have minimum traffic requirements, but they do look for high-quality websites or apps that are relevant to their niche and audience.
5. Amazon Associates – Earn up to 10% Commission
If you are a travel blogger or a travel affiliate, you might want to consider joining the Amazon Associates program.
This affiliate program has got you covered with the best travel affiliate products that allow you to earn commissions by promoting products related to travel, such as gear, camping, jackets, tents, and more.
You can benefit from Amazon’s huge online marketplace, brand recognition, customer trust, and low prices.
You can also access various tools and resources to help you create and optimize your affiliate links, such as deep link generators, banners, widgets, and links.
The commission for Amazon travel affiliates is 4% of the qualifying purchases.
However, the commission rate may vary depending on the product category, the country of the buyer, and the volume of sales you generate.
You can check the latest commission rates and limitations on the Amazon Associates website for your region.
You get paid on a monthly basis, approximately 60 days after the end of each month, if your balance meets the minimum threshold for the payment method you choose.
The minimum threshold is $10 for most payment methods, such as direct deposit or Amazon.com Gift Certificate, but it’s $100 if you opt for check payments.
Why Choose Amazon’s Affiliate Marketing Program?
- Amazon’s trust and popularity among online shoppers.
- Millions of products to recommend and earn commissions.
- Customized linking tools to create and optimize your affiliate links.
- Amazon’s rich content helps your audience make informed purchases.
- Get commissions from any products that your referrals buy on Amazon within 24 hours of clicking your link.
How to Join Amazon Associate?
Go to the Amazon affiliate program page and submit your application by creating your Amazon associates account by following simple steps.
Once your application is reviewed & approved, you will get access to Associates Central and start recommending products and earn advertising fees.
Best Practices to Follow to Increase Travel Affiliate Commission
Make sure that your pages are responsive and load quickly, as slow-loading pages can increase bounce rates and reduce conversions.
Join high-paying best travel affiliate programs that offer competitive commissions.
Accessing various tools and resources that the affiliate programs provide, such as hotel power ads, text links, banners, widgets, data feed, tracking dashboard, reports, support team, and more.
Providing value to your audience by linking to rich content that helps them make informed decisions about their travel plans, such as product reviews, ratings, photos, videos, and customer feedback.
Diversify your affiliate income by promoting different types of travel products and services, such as hotels, flights, tours, activities, gear, insurance, car rentals, and more.
Here are some of the important questions about travel affiliate programs & sites that you may find helpful.
Yes, it is a highly profitable affiliate niche, with the potential for significant commission payouts for promoting vacation packages, flights, and hotels also states that people worldwide spend seven trillion dollars on travel per year, and the average family of four in the US spends $6,000+ on a week-long vacation.
Yes, travel is the best niche for affiliate marketing if you are a travel blogger, content creator, or agent. You can earn commissions by promoting various travel products to your audience.
— Participating in forums and communities related to travel and offering helpful advice with your affiliate links.
— Sharing your affiliate links on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
— Adding tools like search boxes, banners, widgets, etc. to your website or blog that allow your visitors to search and book travel services through your affiliate links.
There is no definitive answer to what is the best travel affiliate program, as different programs may suit different affiliates depending on their niche, audience, goals, preferences, etc. You can begin with Booking.com to get a massive 40% commission.
You may join the Amazon Associates program as Amazon is the biggest e-commerce platform and offers a wide range of travel products & accessories at competitive pricing.
- Semrush Affiliate Program Review 2023 (A Goldmine For Affiliate Marketers)
- Bluehost Affiliate Program Review 2023: How We Made Over $5000?
- Freedom Breakthrough 2.0 Review: Is It Worth Buying in 2023?
Final Thoughts on Travel Affiliate Programs 2023
There are many travel affiliate sites that you can join to promote various travel products and services that your audience will find helpful and valuable.
However, not all affiliate programs are reliable, trustworthy, or profitable. That’s why we have carefully selected the best travel affiliate programs for 2023 that are genuine, free to join, and offer you high commissions.
Whether you love travel, writing, or business, these high-paying travel affiliate sites offer you a chance to earn money by talking about travel.
By joining the above affiliate programs, you can earn commissions from promoting various travel products and services that your visitors are interested in.
In doing so, you can provide value to your audience by linking to rich content that helps them plan their trips and make informed decisions.
If you love traveling and want to make money online, affiliate marketing is the perfect opportunity.